ACCREDITATIONS – Tier 1 NZQA Provider
Delivering First Aid and Health and Safety Training and Assessments to Your People
We take pride in delivering exceptional first aid training, health and safety training, and health monitoring services to our clients. Life Care understands the health and wellness of your company is much more than simply being seen by a nurse! We understand our customers have health, wellness and training needs which require a multidisciplinary approach therefore over the last 24 years we have employed a variety of well qualified and well trained health professionals.
All of our operational staff have a health or education tertiary qualification, which include Nursing, Paramedics, Physiotherapy, to Doctors of Nutrition and Masters of Clinical Exercise Physiology allowing us to meet you individual requirements. Our company doctor is on hand for advice and to make recommendations. Quality is paramount to Life Care therefore to ensure you receive a competent service from a suitably qualified member of the team all of our Health Consultants embark on a robust office and field induction, which provides them with the required skills and knowledge to deliver the varied services that Life Care provides.
The quality process does not end there for Life Care; following successful induction the Health Consultant enters our quality assurance program. This program provides ongoing supervision and mentoring, scheduled reviews of their skills and knowledge, quality review of their documented material, and ongoing training and professional development. It is through the robust induction, ongoing quality assurance and our professional development our clients can be confident they are receiving the right person for the right service.
We are accredited by New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) to provide the following unit standards:
- 6400 – Manage first aid in emergency situations
- 6401 – Provide first aid
- 6402 – Provide resuscitation
- 26551 – Provide first aid for life threatening conditions
- 26552 – Demonstrate knowledge of common first aid conditions and how to respond to them
- 497 – Demonstrate knowledge of workplace health and safety requirements
- 17593 – Apply safe practices in the workplace
- 12355 – Demonstrate knowledge of stress and ways of dealing with it
- 22994 – Demonstrate knowledge of factors that affect performance of forestry workers
- 16688 – Identify and manage the effects of shift work
- 25411 – Demonstrate knowledge of and use an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- 14473 – Move a patient in preparation for transportation
- 25412 – Provide basic pre-hospital emergency care
EXPERIENCED & QUALIFIED
Experienced, qualified nurses and facilitators deliver our services at a time and place best suited to you, to minimise downtime and disruption to your work routines.
Health monitoring services include:
- hearing tests
- lung function
- blood glucose levels
- pre-employment health checks
- vision screening
- flu vaccinations.
Our services are tailored to the needs of each individual client, so that all the training we deliver is focused and relevant to your business.