A defibrillator is a lifesaving piece of equipment to have in an emergency. If a person suffers a cardiac arrest, dialling 111 and performing CPR is not always enough to ensure that they will survive. Having an AED can increase the chance of survival by up to 40% when dealing with a Sudden Cardiac Arrest.
There are around 3,000 cardiac arrests each year in NZ. One third of these are outside the hospital environment. Many of these people have no warning since they show no prior symptoms and sadly fewer than 5% - 8% survive unless they get immediate treatment.
A defibrillator applies a short powerful electric shock to the heart allowing the heart to regain its natural rhythm and so enhances the victim’s chance of survival.
We have chosen to work with the Medtronic CR Plus as we believe it is currently the best in the market and the simplest to use.
- Easy 1 - 2 - 3 step operation, designed for minimally trained rescuer
- Lightweight and compact (2kg)
- Highly visible readiness indicator
- 8 year warranty
- Automatic voice prompts that guide the user through the AED process enabling efficient CPR to be administered
- Complies with the New Zealand Resuscitation Guidelines with an initial shock of 200 joules and increasing subsequent shocks if necessary
- Delivery time is 7-10 days
We can also source parts for the defibtech Lifeline Defibrillator range should you require this service.
If you would like to discuss this further, please call us on 0800 493 559 and we will be happy to help you.
For more information on locations of AED's throughout New Zealand please visit www.aedlocations.co.nz.